Wednesday, April 25, 2012

REVIEW: Skin Food’s Red Bean BB Cream


Before the actual review, let me give you an idea (for those who are not familiar with the company) of what their advocacy is. Skin Food started with a motto, “good food for health is also good for the skin.” Their claim includes delivering complete nutrition to skin through strict selection of food that they incorporate to their products.



Name of Product: Red Bean BB Cream SPF 20 PA+





Actual Product Claim: A hydrating BB cream with red beans that nourishes and moisturizes rough skin while providing natural yet flawless coverage, even when applied in a thin layer.

My Skin Type: Oily combination, NC 25-30
Duration of use: Six Months


I normally use a pea size amount using my fingers spread it evenly to my entire face and neck in a circular motion. I hear from others that BB creams in general looks gray on them, well, I did not experience the same thing. The coverage I would say is light to medium so I would not suggest this to people who have acne marks and needs more coverage. It is very moisturizing and easy to blend. I first thought that I got a slightly lighter shade (No.1 Light Beige) than of my complexion but honestly, it showed up pretty nicely and I got compliments from it. The product does have an SPF 20 which takes me to an experience where I was photographed looking like a ghost because of the white cast it gives. I’d say though that it lasted a good six hours and take note that I am in a very humid country. I got it for PHP650 in a 45ml squeeze tube which is not bad for that price point. The packaging is also neat nothing fancy but it is certainly not cheap looking, at least for me. Once applied, it has a very faint smell but nothing over powering that would lead you to shy away from it. I am very sensitive to scents too so I assume that the product’s scent would not bother any other users.



Who would want to use it?
·        
  •  People who wants to even out their skin but wanted a very natural dewy effect
  • People with dry skin since the product is very moisturizing
  • People who often travel. It is very easy to carry around or squeeze inside your cosmetic pouch.

Who would NOT want to use it?
·          
  • People who needs more coverage.

Would I repurchase it?
·          
  • Yes definitely! But for now, I wanted to try other higher end BB creams to check how they perform when compared to this affordable one I got from Skin Food.

 Please feel free to comment or ask me questions about the product if there is something I missed. Take  care!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment