Monday, April 30, 2012

REVIEW: Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 101 Porcelain and Rimmel Lasting Finish in 300 Sand






 




Rimmel Stay Matte + Skin Pure Complex’s Claims: Shine control formula for 12 hours matte coverage. With SkinPure complex for a visibly complexion and gentle botanical extracts to help soothe sensitive skin. Oil-free. Non-comedogenic. Non-acnegenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free.
Content: 30ml
Shade: Porcelain101





Rimmel Lasting Finish: Transfer resistant formula looks freshly applied for 16 hours. Enriched minerals to help re-energize skin. Comfortable wear.
Content: 30ml
Shade: Sand 300







From Left to Right: Rimmel Lasting Finish in Sand, Rimmel Stay Matte in Porcelain and Skin Food BB Cream in Light Beige


The idea of getting two foundations from Rimmel was to mix them both to get my natural color. I like the formula of this foundation and I must say this stayed true to its promise of being matte, when I first used it I felt like I do not need a loose powder to finish it off. Great! This might be the foundation for me, I found myself saying. The next day, obviously, because I liked the result it gave me, I used it again and just like the first time, it gave me a matte look far from the dewy effect I was used to and I very much prefer. I liked it. I really, really liked it. It stayed and did not stray the whole day. It lasted for about five to six hours. I do need to blot from time to time because I do have oily skin and that’s not new to me. Nothing that bothered me though and I remained contented and happy with the results.  I do need to be really candid though in saying that I will NEVER use this stuff again. When I went home that night, I immediately noticed a zit but I went on washing my face as I normally would and never really paid much attention to it. The next day, I was like amazed by how that zit grew and not only that, that small zit invited friends and there was like a party of pimples on my poor face. I stopped using it, needless to say but I did not stop there, thinking that it was something else and not the foundation, I need to eliminate all the possible causes of my pimples. And so, I washed my entire collection of makeup brushes, sponges and all that jazz just to make sure. When the pimples eventually healed, I went on and used it again using my newly washed brushes. And again, pimples occurred on my forehead, my chin everywhere. Crazy! And because I am stubborn, I tried it one last time using a dabbing motion, very light dab on my face thinking that maybe the application routine could make a difference. It did NOT. So if you’re like me, who has sensitive oily skin, I must warn you about this possible scenario should you decide to use this foundation. It also has a scent that I did not particularly like, a plasticky, chemical like smell that I tried to ignore because I like the coverage it gave me. The idea of using a foundation can vary from person to person. It can be coverage, to even out the skin and although you might feel like this one was a gem because of the price (I got it for PHP250 for 30ml) at the end of the day, skincare is still more important than any kind of makeup. With that said, this thing, unfortunately, did not work for me. Hope you are all doing great!:)

1 comment:

  1. good to know. now im not sure if i will try this- thanks for the review. it was really helpful

    ReplyDelete